5.29.2008

Chalkboard Lampshade

http://www.essenze.co.nz
My husband and I made lampshades for a couple of lamps that we found at Goodwill a few years ago. We used the bamboo veneer that we sell. They are so cool! I will snap a shot of them later. My kid is asleep in our bed right now.
We bought the wire rings and self sticking backing paper (safety first!) online. I have seen shades at thrift stores that I thought would be great for transforming as well. The trick to a modern lampshade is that it is cylindrical. The top ring and the bottom ring should be the same circumference.
I like this chalkboard shade alot. I think it would be a great little craft room lamp or kids room lamp. Or even in a modern country kitchen. Or as a pendant lamp over your kitchen island or craft area!
I purchased a few yards of chalkboard fabric from Tall Mouse a few months ago (maybe a year ;) Lookit- I come up on the Google search for chalkboard fabric! I think I may have to chalk-it-up somewhere soon.

update- here is our lamp. Pretty huh?


I also really like this lamp.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Feedback

I would love to know what you think of the recent changes here and also if there are things that you would like to see more or less of.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP