5.29.2008

Chalkboard Lampshade

http://www.essenze.co.nz
My husband and I made lampshades for a couple of lamps that we found at Goodwill a few years ago. We used the bamboo veneer that we sell. They are so cool! I will snap a shot of them later. My kid is asleep in our bed right now.
We bought the wire rings and self sticking backing paper (safety first!) online. I have seen shades at thrift stores that I thought would be great for transforming as well. The trick to a modern lampshade is that it is cylindrical. The top ring and the bottom ring should be the same circumference.
I like this chalkboard shade alot. I think it would be a great little craft room lamp or kids room lamp. Or even in a modern country kitchen. Or as a pendant lamp over your kitchen island or craft area!
I purchased a few yards of chalkboard fabric from Tall Mouse a few months ago (maybe a year ;) Lookit- I come up on the Google search for chalkboard fabric! I think I may have to chalk-it-up somewhere soon.

update- here is our lamp. Pretty huh?


I also really like this lamp.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Feedback

I would love to know what you think of the recent changes here and also if there are things that you would like to see more or less of.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP