9.29.2008

My Sling Chair Project

I purchased this chair almost 3 years ago from a thrift store for a couple of bucks. I like the lines of it and thought it would be fun to reupholster and redo the wood. It has been sitting (and smelling up) our warehouse ever since. So Friday I decided to actually do something with it. I started to pull all the staples out, I got halfway through when Mr. Hubby came home and relieved my sore hands by finishing the job.


Today I spent the afternoon ripping all of the seems out, pulling the foam out and marking each piece so that I can make a pattern out of it later. Now here is my dilemma- I was just going to use some fabric from my stash. I have a nice upholstery weight that I paid $2.00 a yard (below) for that will go great with my decor. Oooooooorrrrrr, Mr. Hubby thinks that if I am going to do the nasty task of reupholstering the dang chair that I should at least do it in leather to really make it look nice. My sewing skills are not very good so I am afraid of using and possibly ruining a hide but I have snooped around the internet for advice and seem to be finding great stuff (here). I'm also not sure if my Brother sewing machine will hold up to the task. I do have leather needles and a walking foot tho..... anyone have an opinion or advice for me?

2 comments:

Axxman 6:29 AM  

The Nail Jack will solve the hurt! For staples, it's the Nail Hunter!


www.nailjack.com

hampton 2:49 PM  

i vote for the leather, i think that chair was made for it!

Blog Archive

Feedback

I would love to know what you think of the recent changes here and also if there are things that you would like to see more or less of.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP