9.29.2008

My Sling Chair Project

I purchased this chair almost 3 years ago from a thrift store for a couple of bucks. I like the lines of it and thought it would be fun to reupholster and redo the wood. It has been sitting (and smelling up) our warehouse ever since. So Friday I decided to actually do something with it. I started to pull all the staples out, I got halfway through when Mr. Hubby came home and relieved my sore hands by finishing the job.


Today I spent the afternoon ripping all of the seems out, pulling the foam out and marking each piece so that I can make a pattern out of it later. Now here is my dilemma- I was just going to use some fabric from my stash. I have a nice upholstery weight that I paid $2.00 a yard (below) for that will go great with my decor. Oooooooorrrrrr, Mr. Hubby thinks that if I am going to do the nasty task of reupholstering the dang chair that I should at least do it in leather to really make it look nice. My sewing skills are not very good so I am afraid of using and possibly ruining a hide but I have snooped around the internet for advice and seem to be finding great stuff (here). I'm also not sure if my Brother sewing machine will hold up to the task. I do have leather needles and a walking foot tho..... anyone have an opinion or advice for me?

2 comments:

Axxman 6:29 AM  

The Nail Jack will solve the hurt! For staples, it's the Nail Hunter!


www.nailjack.com

hampton 2:49 PM  

i vote for the leather, i think that chair was made for it!

Blog Archive

Feedback

I would love to know what you think of the recent changes here and also if there are things that you would like to see more or less of.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP