10.02.2008

A Dirty Job


I must confess, I am not much of a reader. I buy all the latest craft and sewing and decorating books and cookbooks when I'm hungry, but never novels. My BFF on the otherhand reads reads reads! She was over for a weekend visit last month and she brought "A Dirty Job" with her to read. She laughed out loud the entire time she was reading it. How many books make you laugh out loud? I asked her to leave it with me. I am only about 30 pages into and I too laugh out loud whilst reading it (listen to me, I'm all smart now just from reading 30 pages of a book). It is also the perfect Fall- Halloween book!
From Wikipedia- "The story centers on Charlie Asher, a "beta-male" (as opposed to "alpha male") who leads a satisfying life as the owner and proprietor of a second-hand store in San Fransisco. At the moment when his wife Rachel unexpectedly dies in the hospital shortly after the birth of their first child (Sophie), Charlie becomes involved in a new sideline of retrieving the souls of the dying, so as to protect them from the forces of the underworld. He only gradually realizes the ramifications of this business as various clues and complications unfold. Ultimately Charlie resolves to confront directly the forces of darkness."
A Dirty Job

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Feedback

I would love to know what you think of the recent changes here and also if there are things that you would like to see more or less of.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP