1.08.2009


Last night Sophie freaked out at bed time for the first time. Why you ask? Frickin Monsters Inc. that's why! Now she thinks that monsters live in the closet. Today I decided to make a "No More Monsters Spray". I found several versions online such as this one and this one, but decided that I wanted faster results. I want our monsters exterminated tonight! I took a spray bottle that I have used for water, added fresh water, 5 drops of peppermint extract (that will exterminate ants too!) and then added a few drops of vanilla extract to sweeten it up a bit.
The commercial versions use chamomile, lavender and mandarin extracts that I think would be nice and calming but I wanted to use what I had on hand. My vanilla-peppermint version smell quite lovely. She has already sprayed off a quarter of the bottle.
As a final touch I printed the above picture out and used clear packing tape to stick it to the bottle.

2 comments:

Phoebe 8:24 AM  

I'm totally going to do this! My Sophia is deathly afraid of her closet. I have to make a baricade of her babies in the middle of her bed so she can't see the closet from her side of the bed.

Anonymous,  8:26 AM  

great idea! I'm an avid follower of your blog, you have great taste!

hugs from Venezuela!

Blog Archive

Feedback

I would love to know what you think of the recent changes here and also if there are things that you would like to see more or less of.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP