1.30.2009

Do You Gocco?

This is a handy little device for the serious Gocco users out there. I say serious because it ain't exactly cheap. ($1,000-1,200 for A4 and A5 only.) It is a replacement for those costly little flash bulbs. A thermal screen printer.
"This compact direct-thermal printer uses heat to create your image on gocco-style thermal screen masters. The process allows characters and graphics to print clear and crisp. The new electronic direct-drive system means the printers are quiet and fast. With just a few moving parts, they are low-maintenance, offering years of reliable and consistent operation."

Also- many of you may have noticed that the cost of the bulbs has gone up. Instead of getting 10 bulbs for about $15, you now only get 4 for the same money. WTF? I just ordered the old boxes of 10 from
Printaddict or Etchworld. So stock up while you still can.
My husband and I are also experimenting with using a shop lamp in the upper housing, something we will have to try again once I get my replacement stage glass since we melted the original one in our "experiment". He swears that it can be done if I am willing to let him try again. We will see.... btw- has anyone ever use old camera flash bulbs for this?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Feedback

I would love to know what you think of the recent changes here and also if there are things that you would like to see more or less of.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP