7.14.2009

DIY Fashion

I have been feeling the need to revamp my wardrobe, but my poor pocketbook is having a dryspell. What to do? What to do? Perhaps it's time to think outside the mall. To get a bit creative and crafty! Time for some DIY Fashion!


Outi Espoo of Finland has an amazing blog about diy fashion which is where I found a how-to for making a chain vest (bellow) and where I discovered Maulou Paul who makes contemporary jewelry out of worthless items (above).

This is one of those sites that I get lost in links with and waste several hours.


How to spray paint accessories to make them seem new again.
Free paper craft jewelry to make here. Lots to choose from. I think I would make them out of other materials, like thin plastic or wire mesh or even starched fabric.

Winter will be here before you know it. Make this twisted ladder scarf.
Canadian living has tons of ideas like how to sew a stylish metallic handbag. Or a list of fab summer knits and crochet patterns.


I came across The White Owl Etsy shop and found so many pieces to be so inspiring. Great ideas for turning some of my old broken pieces into new accessories. It gives you a new way to look at that bag of junk jewelry for $1 at the thrift stores.


Make these easy lace earrings.


Ruffle shoulder piece tutorial.

Paper chains necklace. kinda silly....

Turn a full skirt into a bubble skirt.
Make your own Martin Margiela sandal booties.

Burda Stlye has tons of free patterns, (like this great skirt) tutorials and many many helpful techniques.

How to make a ruffled vest by Threadbangers. If you have not heard of Threadbangers before- I warn you know to leave yourself a few hours because it is really easy to just watch and watch and watch their videos and lose track of time.


Craftster and Instructables are fantastic sources for patterns, ideas and help.
Make a halter from a crew neck t-shirt.



Think outside the mall and before you know it, you'll have to make a rack to hang all of your newly made clothes!

1 comments:

Rhianne 2:31 AM  

Ohh theres some great stuff there! My wardrobe needs a serious revamp too!

Blog Archive

Feedback

I would love to know what you think of the recent changes here and also if there are things that you would like to see more or less of.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP